Saturday, October 15, 2011

Fail Blog- Weeks 6 and 7 Wrap-Up

Well, this will be kind of a short one.  Because these 2 weeks were a giant blog fail.  The plan was on week 6 to count and keep track of every penny in and out.  And the first couple of days went fine.  But a few days into the week I got a headache.  And then I got a migraine.  And then I got the worst damn migraine of my life.  Sometime halfway through the day on Tuesday I started to feel the pain.  By Wednesday I was barely functioning.  I spent Thursday in bed and then on Friday tried to go back to work.  After a few hours it became clear that I was fighting a losing battle and for the first time in my life I went to the ER for a migraine.  Holy crap…  Worst migraine ever.  They gave me a shot and some pain meds.  Even after that the pain didn’t subside until the next day and by Sunday I was so exhausted I didn’t do much but sleep.

And then there I was in the start of week 7.  That was the week of one of my major events at work and I had lost 6 full days of prep before it.  There was a lot of scrambling to catch up going on and to be honest, I didn’t even think about the blog.  At all.  All I could do was work.  And that was plenty, believe me.

So I think that what I will do is try to do some make-up weeks where I double my challenge.  The best laid plans and all that…  That’s life I guess, getting in the way of life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment